Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

+3
j3pfilms
Oliver
DoctorLansing
7 posters

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles"

DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" - Page 2 Empty Re: Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles"

Post  DoctorLansing Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Who deleted that last comment by Uncle Fred? Just curious..
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" - Page 2 Empty Re: Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles"

Post  Straker Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:39 pm

That was me! Uncle Fred and I have been friends since I was a humble boy of 13 years, so I figure if I can't treat his posts with appalling disrespect from time to time, who the Hell can? Wink

Actually, we spoke the other night at length and we were talking about what a great bunch of people we have here on the forum. He's a heck of a nice guy, that Uncle Fred. Old yellow screwdriver tells me that in the bath every night... Very Happy
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" - Page 2 Empty SCRIPT

Post  DoctorLansing Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:01 pm

UPDATE

The script has been written and filming is about to begin soon. There is still some effects work to be done but now that I have the script, I will try to get filming out of the way and work on the other stuff in post-production time. This will be my first attempt at writing so hopefully it will not be too dull but the main goal of the pilot episode (or episodes if it ends up being a two parter) is to show some of LANSING'S origins for those who may be tuning in for the first time, and to do a quick story to establish the beginning of his new journey. I will be doing one more trailer that will be released maybe about a week before the pilot episode so stay tuned for that.

Trea
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Fabtastic, Trea, sounds really good and I can't wait! Any hints about his background? Did he start off as a male model and move into scientific research after being turned down for a job as a lion tamer...or something more mundane? Very Happy Seriously, I am keen to see this and I'm sure the script will be fascinating.
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:22 am

Straker wrote:Fabtastic, Trea, sounds really good and I can't wait! Any hints about his background? Did he start off as a male model and move into scientific research after being turned down for a job as a lion tamer...or something more mundane? Very Happy Seriously, I am keen to see this and I'm sure the script will be fascinating.

Ahhhhh.... well... I guess I mislead you a little.. what I meant by background was basically his past to the point where he came to this universe which was originally in your episode. Basically I want to show everyone who may have not followed Damon Dark or Vincent Kosmos, who Lansing is up to this point. BUT..... your idea about going further back in the past is a very good one and I think that gives me some great ideas for maybe episode 3!! I would love to fit it into this pilot but it may be two parts as it is so I dont want to make it longer. My goal is to continue the story where it left off in this episode and for him to "completely getaway" if you catch my drift. Smile
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:47 pm

That all sounds really good, actually, yeah! I like it. It sounds like you're approaching this project in the right way. If you need anything from me, let me know. It might be interesting to do a small guest spot at some stage once the series is running. Up to you though, I'm just offering my support! Wink Can't wait to see this!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Straker wrote:That all sounds really good, actually, yeah! I like it. It sounds like you're approaching this project in the right way. If you need anything from me, let me know. It might be interesting to do a small guest spot at some stage once the series is running. Up to you though, I'm just offering my support! Wink Can't wait to see this!

Yes definately!! I am thinking the 2nd episode will be my gas mask episode... so I would want you and Chris both in it so we can do a three way on screen communication... there will be some questions I need to ask you both to deal with my problem.

Episode 3 I am thinking can be maybe Lansing thinking back to his origins, being tortured by nazi's, praying for an escape.. and then maybe the EVIL Damon would have been one of the ones torturing him??

Very Happy

One thing is for sure though.. I want my timeline to be in the same as Damon's and Kosmos' so anything I write I want to make perfect sense and intersect with those series.
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:30 am

That all sounds good! Smile
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 am

I think we need to open a topic with the timeline of DD World...cause Ade is growin' old...the memory is vanishin'...Smile
    moonhoppers
    moonhoppers

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" - Page 2 Empty Lansing Chronicles

Post  moonhoppers Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:40 am

DoctorLansing wrote:
    [...] but the main goal of the pilot episode (or episodes if it ends up being a two parter) is to show some of LANSING'S origins for those who may be tuning in for the first time, and to do a quick story to establish the beginning of his new journey. [...]

Hey, that all sounds really great! Just watched your teaser trailer and like it very much. And the idea to summarize Lansing's history so far is very good, too.
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:47 am

So, how's it all going, Trea? Any more updates? When can we expect to see the pilot?
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Straker wrote:So, how's it all going, Trea? Any more updates? When can we expect to see the pilot?

Well... I have received Chris' parts and I am going to start working on those tonight.... I began filming my parts this past wednesday. I planned to finish tomorrow but something came up so I am thinking monday evening I can get the rest of mine filmed.. it should only take one more session for me. (I think) But after that I will be in post - production...

My goal is to get it released in 2 weeks... hopefully I can achieve that I will be trying hard to.
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Wow! Fantastic! Sounds really, really good...from the amount of time and preparation going into it, I'm getting the impression we're in for a pretty special piece of work...an impressive pilot film! I'm really looking forward to it.

As I say, if I can help at all, please ask. I'm keen to see this one! Smile

I've also been asking Chris for help on Damon Dark, lately. I feel my show can only get better if I call on the talents of the fine people who are members of this group...so Chris is editing the next Damon Dark ep himself! It's a little scary for me to put it totally into his hands, (I guess I like to know how it's all coming together!) but I'm sure he'll do a great job! Smile

Well, take care and good luck, Trea! We're all looking forward to seeing the good Doctor's first big outing!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Straker wrote:Wow! Fantastic! Sounds really, really good...from the amount of time and preparation going into it, I'm getting the impression we're in for a pretty special piece of work...an impressive pilot film! I'm really looking forward to it.

As I say, if I can help at all, please ask. I'm keen to see this one! Smile

I've also been asking Chris for help on Damon Dark, lately. I feel my show can only get better if I call on the talents of the fine people who are members of this group...so Chris is editing the next Damon Dark ep himself! It's a little scary for me to put it totally into his hands, (I guess I like to know how it's all coming together!) but I'm sure he'll do a great job! Smile

Well, take care and good luck, Trea! We're all looking forward to seeing the good Doctor's first big outing!

Well, I just looked at Chris' stuff and I laughed alot!! I wrote in some comedy and so did he... to me... there are some very funny parts in here which I am glad about. Chris let me edit and do the post production of "Escape" so I know what you mean. We all learn from each other.

Check out the post in the General SCIFI forum about the PARODY CHALLENGE... I want everyone's opinion of this I think it would be a fun little contest to hold.

Trea
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:43 pm

I've made mine, Mate! It's coming soon! Wink
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" - Page 2 Empty FILMING FINISHED??

Post  DoctorLansing Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Well everyone... good news and possible bad news... good news is that I JUST finished filming for the pilot episode.... bad news is that I had a few technical difficulties during filming and I am not sure if it affected things. While filming on my green screen, I was already down to 3 lights for the backdrop lighting and another one went out leaving me with 2 lights on one side.. so I am not sure if I will be able to key things to my liking with that type of lighting but I will give it a shot.

I am not sure also but I may have had a FOCUS issue with my camera during certain shots. But.. not to fear.. I have not yet uploaded the footage to my computer yet but when I do this friday or saturday, I will know whether or not I need to reshoot. If so, then I will only have to reshoot certain parts and I can pick up some replacement lights at Home Depot if the lighting was a problem.

SO...... as of this moment unless I say otherwise.. I AM NOW IN THE POST - PRODUCTION STAGE.... editing, effects, color grading, and sound effects (those may be a doozy) is all I will need to do to get things released.

I will be conservative and say that I will have the pilot episode posted before Nov. 1st.... that way if I get things going quicker, I will be able to move the date up Smile

If I need to reshoot, it will only take about an hour MAX when I get a day that I can do it next week. THAT IS IF I NEED TO....

So... thats that for now.. post-production will begin this weekend and I'll update everyone on the progress.

Trea
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:27 am

Excellent Trea! It's great to know how organised you are! I can never stick with my personal schedules! I'm still half way through a lego animation film that was meant to be done months ago!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:14 am

j3pfilms wrote:Excellent Trea! It's great to know how organised you are! I can never stick with my personal schedules! I'm still half way through a lego animation film that was meant to be done months ago!

Well, it's hard for me too. When you have a hobby like this, sometimes trying to rush things will make you get stressed and you should not be stressed when you are doing a hobby cause it is supposed to be fun. Thats why I have not pushed real hard to rush things cause I dont want to get stressed because of my hobby (I have enough stress as it is with normal life Smile

But I just uploaded all the footage and upon initial viewing, it looks like it can be worked with. I will only have to reshoot if I have an issue keying I think... but it is not likely.
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Well guys.. I started working on my compositing yesterday and managed to get only ONE short scene to render.. Apparently my computer is trying to take a crap on me. I keep getting blue screen errors.. I spent the rest of saturday scanning for viruses and when I thought things were fixed today, I tried again and during the render I got blue screens and reboots again before it finished. I am working on trying to isolate the problem.. this happened to me about 6 months ago or so and I some how fixed it.. I am also uninstalling software hoping that will work. But unfortunately this weekend is pretty much shot because my puter is still running chkdsk. More to come............................... hopefully good news Smile

OH YEAH... YOU GUYS CHECK MY LATEST POST IN THE FILMAKING FORUM I NEED HELP.
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:47 pm

It appears as if the computer problems I was having may have been fixed now after doing a registry clean.. over 1500 errors were found so hopefully it everything is good now.. so post production has recommenced and I will be doing little pieces during the week and working on things heavily this weekend.
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" - Page 2 Empty Getting alot done!

Post  DoctorLansing Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Well guys.. I just spent several hours doing some effects work and editing... I have about 8 minutes of the pilot done now and that is only the part of the beginning and all of Chris' part. (He did a great job by the way it is some good stuff!) So having said that.. I am thinking that this is DEFINATELY going to be ATLEAST a 2 parter.. maybe even a 3 parter but hopefully only 2.

That may be a good thing so that I can get part 1 out while I am working on part 2!! I was going to do another trailer but I probably wont because I have enough work to do as it is with the actual episode. I would say I can release part 1 pretty soon but I have to make the opening credits now which I havent started on...
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:42 am

I'm curious to see this episode!!!! Let's work!!!Smile
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" - Page 2 Empty EXCLUSIVE LOOK AT THE OPENING TITLES

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:57 pm

Well everyone... I am SOOO close to the release of part 1! I anticipate it within the next few days... I just did the opening sequence today and thought that I would give everyone on the forum here an exclusive look at it! The link in this message is PRIVATE and you can only view the video by clicking that link. Nobody else except the forum members can see this until after the release of part 1. Smile

This is just the first opening titles that I made... I am sure there will be more in the future but I had to come up with something cause I hadn't thought about it much until today. I would love to hear feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=b5pE3dqQf_8&sharing_token=adCpuRVqgdglklooGYQbLg==

Part 1 is 10 minutes long and it all edited... I just have to put the sound effects, music, and color grading in which sometimes can be the most time consuming. But like I said... ANY DAY NOW! I will post the link for part 1 in this thread when it is posted.

Trea
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Amazing!!!Smile)))
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

thetimethief wrote:Amazing!!!Smile)))

thanks man... I actually just am finishing part 1 now so it will be online either tonight or tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:28 pm