Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

+3
j3pfilms
Oliver
DoctorLansing
7 posters

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles"

DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Empty Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles"

Post  DoctorLansing Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi everyone.. I wanted to make this thread to add updates for "The Lansing Chronicles." It is currently in the very beginning stages of production. What I mean is I have been working off and on for a while on alot of STOCK effect shots that I will need for almost every episode. I have to get this done so that when it is time to film, I do not have to create NEW CGI shots every episode which would take forever. Once I get those essentials complete, I can film. One of the things that I will have to do AFTER the CGI shots are lined up is the opening title sequence which probably will happen last.

Another thing I would ask everyone to be understanding about is this... I have been working a new schedule at my DAY JOB and it leaves me with less free time than I used to have. Therefore, I am having to work on stuff mainly on the weekends.. several of which lately I have been having to work ALSO. Most of us have day jobs, families, etc that at certain times can interfere with our creativity... so if my new show takes a little longer than expected to get going.. please understand that these are the reasons and I don't like it anymore than the next person Smile

Hopefully with Chris' assistance, I can get some promotional poster artwork done this weekend.. so bare with me everyone.. once it is off the ground it should be worth it Wink

Trea
    Oliver
    Oliver

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Empty Re: Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles"

Post  Oliver Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 am

I quite understand. Took me 2 years to make 7 episodes of my show. Now I only have time to film on my hour breaks during wedding shoots.
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Empty Re: Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles"

Post  j3pfilms Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:42 am

This series sounds like it's gonna be so great. Looking forward to it mate but you take as long as you need Smile
    moonhoppers
    moonhoppers

Post  moonhoppers Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Wow, Doctor Lansing chronicles. Sounds really cool. Always suspected you to do your own show one day as the Dr Lansing character grew very popular. Liked him from the start when the first trailer featuring him was up. Really looking forward to see the chronicles. You sure will surprise us with your fab effects!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Empty Lansing Artwork

Post  DoctorLansing Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi everyone... here is the release of the new "The Lansing Chronicles" posters by Chris Heaven!! Let us know what you think! Thanks again Chris and thanks for the new banner also!

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Lansin10

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Lansin11

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Lansin12
    unclefred

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Empty lansing chronicles

Post  unclefred Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:26 pm

Dr lansing,nice shots young fellow but loosen up a little as you look like you have a bad case of constipation and fred knows about these things although in my case it was nervous flatulence but all in you are doing a great job!!!!

Remember:

A fool and his money are soon victims of the exchange rate.
    (yellow screwdriver saying)
    moonhoppers
    moonhoppers

Post  moonhoppers Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:33 am

LOL, unclefred... but you're right somehow as Trea looks a little stiff standing there in the photo. But on the other hand a scientist doesn't have to be much of a joker. Just try to relax a bit more, Dr. Lansing. Smile
    Like the new promo posters, especially the second (colours of lettering and picture look good together) and third one with the science thing behind you, looks kind of menacing. Great work, Chris & Trea!
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:19 am

Bloody fantastic shots there Trea!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:07 am

moonhoppers wrote:LOL, unclefred... but you're right somehow as Trea looks a little stiff standing there in the photo. But on the other hand a scientist doesn't have to be much of a joker. Just try to relax a bit more, Dr. Lansing. Smile
    Like the new promo posters, especially the second (colours of lettering and picture look good together) and third one with the science thing behind you, looks kind of menacing. Great work, Chris & Trea!

Well, I meant for him to look that way... wanted it to be a serious shot rather than one of him smiling or something. You are right.. Lansing at this point is a pretty work driven serious guy but there will be some things happen later that will cause him to loosen up. Here is another shot that I almost hate to release because it is a spoiler.. it shows Lansing's ship in the background but what the heck! Here it is.. and oh yes.. another SERIOUS face shot on this one too, I deleted the one of me smiling cause I didnt like it LOL

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Lansin13
    moonhoppers
    moonhoppers

Post  moonhoppers Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:00 am

Okay, let's say he looks very serious and confident. But glad to hear he'll loosen up a bit eventually. The new artwork is fantastic! And he's got a ship! Surprised Cool! Seems it'll really gonna be a great show.
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:08 am

moonhoppers wrote:Okay, let's say he looks very serious and confident. But glad to hear he'll loosen up a bit eventually. The new artwork is fantastic! And he's got a ship! Surprised Cool! Seems it'll really gonna be a great show.

Thanks.. and I agree these shots might be a little more serious than I wanted... I may do a re-shoot and ask Chris to do atleast one more that isn't quite that serious. And yes.. Lansing is building a ship which will be explained in the first episode. That is what is taking a while.. I have alot of CGI footage to get done. But I am making some very good progress this weekend so I am happy. What a Face
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:44 pm

EHI NOBODY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE NEW AMAZING BANNER!!!!Smile))
    Well...I love to work on pictures...and IF Adrian and Jack...(and all the other guys!) will give me something to work on...will be a pleasure!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:21 pm

thetimethief wrote:EHI NOBODY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE NEW AMAZING BANNER!!!!Smile))
    Well...I love to work on pictures...and IF Adrian and Jack...(and all the other guys!) will give me something to work on...will be a pleasure!

Yes I mentioned the banner up above but nobody else did .... yet.
    moonhoppers
    moonhoppers

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Empty The New Banner!

Post  moonhoppers Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:58 pm

Hey Chris, Sorry must have missed the bit with the banner... shame on us Shocked
    Think you mean that BIG new picture on the top of the forum, right? Well.... not bad.... Wink No, just kidding. It looks really AMAZING! Even better than the smaller one. The characters look kind of typical and your matching of colours make it a great composition.
    unclefred

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Empty non smiling lansing

Post  unclefred Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:51 am

DoctorLansing wrote:
    moonhoppers wrote:LOL, unclefred... but you're right somehow as Trea looks a little stiff standing there in the photo. But on the other hand a scientist doesn't have to be much of a joker. Just try to relax a bit more, Dr. Lansing. Smile

Well, I meant for him to look that way... wanted it to be a serious shot rather than one of him smiling or something. You are right.. Lansing at this point is a pretty work driven serious guy but there will be some things happen later that will cause him to loosen up. Here is another shot that I almost hate to release because it is a spoiler.. it shows Lansing's ship in the background but what the heck! Here it is.. and oh yes.. another SERIOUS face shot on this one too, I deleted the one of me smiling cause I didnt like it LOL

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Lansin13

I understand that lansing is this seriously driven guy but I am old enough to remember
    a smiling second Doctor Who(Patrick Troughton) who usualy showed us a cheeky smirk
    before lowering the boom on an alien meance such as the Ice Warriors! I saw this guy in the late sixties and he has been my favourite ever since because he was the small time lord who carried a BIG STICK! to much larger adversarys. In short a smile can be just as deadly as a frown.
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:48 am

Well Lansing is a sort of Vulcan!Smile))) After the Kolinhar of course!Smile
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:30 am

EHI NOBODY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE NEW AMAZING BANNER!!!!))

I can't give you a picture in any better quality if that's what you're after Chris. I can only take stills on my camcorder so they're pretty crap quality for things like this!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Empty IN PRODUCTION

Post  DoctorLansing Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Well.. I have eased from the pre-production phase into the production phase of the new show now. You might say that I have been filming, but in reality I have been rendering some of the CGI sequences for the new show. I guess if I didnt rely so much on CGI then I WOULD be filming these things instead of rendering them so to me it is the same difference. I almost have enough together to make a teaser trailer which I would like to do this weekend if I can find the time.

But the point is that I AM in the production phase now of the pilot episode... even if it is a SLOW production. After production which will end with filming my parts along with others, then I will be in the post-production phase of the pilot episode which shouldnt take too long. I think once I get to the actual filming, it will all speed up alot.

Don't mean to explain things about the various stages of filming that I am sure you all already know, just wanted to help everyone understand how I am thinking of the PILOT and that the production phase is going to be a little slower than my normal pace. To be honest, I am juggling several other hobbies and one NEW found one that I am excited about (VIRTUAL REALITY!!) (why are all my hobbies so expensive!? Laughing

I have had my almost finished monster mask sitting in my computer room for the last 8 months not being touched and my wife is wanting me to finish THAT before halloween... so now I am under pressure to get that done too LOL. For those who dont know what I am talking about, it is shown in one of my previous Channel Updates.

Well.. thats all for now and if I manage to get the teaser done this weekend, I will post it here. My plan is to put SOMETHING out, even if it is only 15-30 secs long.
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:30 am

And you know we are curious!!!!!!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Updates for "The Lansing Chronicles" Empty Teaser

Post  DoctorLansing Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfDl2p9Mwoo

This is the new teaser.. read the description on the video.
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:41 am

Uncle Fred....

Well, maybe Dr.Who is not the best comparison for us?

I think with Damon Dark being all serious, Lansing developing his technical wizzardry and Vincent Kosmos bragging about how sexy he is while stealing anything shiny that isn't pinned down, we can see a group of colorful heroes who are actually a bit like the unlikely crew of Blakes 7, where Blake was idealistic and brave, Avon was the cool technician who believed in computers and logic and Vila was the talented theif who was cowardly (or just sensible?) and drank too much.

Meanwhile, Olly as the Cosmic Magician is like a cross between Darth Vader and The Master, the ultimate evil villain!

So we have our own little group of unlikely heroes, but that's why they are so appealling, I believe! They are not slick and "typical", in some ways they are anti-heroes. They have a personality which comes from the person who plays them and that makes them real. They are our alter-egos!

And you should know that....after all, Uncle Fred is your own alter ego...the dotty old scientist who talks to the kettle and saves the day with his yellow screwdriver...that was your creation! Maybe I need to upload his adventures to YouTube sometime! Smile

Last edited by Straker on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:42 am

DoctorLansing wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfDl2p9Mwoo

This is the new teaser.. read the description on the video.

Absolutely superb! I *love* the look of the ship he is building! Wow!!! Very Happy Shocked Smile
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:26 am

Ehi but I like VK be compared to the Doctor:) I ever said that VK is a mix between Doctor Who and Arsène Lupin:))
    unclefred

Post  unclefred Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 am

(This post deleted by the moderator)
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:37 am

Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:17 pm