Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

5 posters

The future of Damon Dark. Discussion.

j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

The future of Damon Dark. Discussion. - Page 2 Empty Re: The future of Damon Dark. Discussion.

Post  j3pfilms Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:04 am

I saw a brilliant film recently which started of as a documentary but slowly turned into a normal narrative style for a film. Twas called District 9.

And what you have to remember about Lonely Girl is that it's complete crap. How it got so popular I don't know but if you go on a lot of the videos the ratings are low and the comments are bad.

I think documentary style is your friend Ade. But sometimes those movie maker ticker tapes for the captions and what not, don't make it look very professional. As we say, if you need any help with that sort of thing just ask Smile

Off to school now. Bye!
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

The future of Damon Dark. Discussion. - Page 2 Empty Re: The future of Damon Dark. Discussion.

Post  Straker Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:08 am

Off to school eh? Man...if only they had YouTube when I was in school...how different my life would've been! Smile
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:37 am

I like the webseries called "The guild"Smile
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:51 am

Amazing. No
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:11 am

Well...it's a sitcom...it's not "Friends" or "Three's company"...but it's not bad...
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:30 am

Alas, YouTube is blocked in school. Luckily I can still get onto the forum. I'm supposed to be working right now but what I'm supposed to be doing doesn't matter!
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:01 am

Well, education comes from the Latin, it means to draw out from within, so we are helping to develop and draw out your talents from within by encouraging and inspiring you to think creatively about writing and film making, Jack!

Besides...I'm a fully qualified High School Teacher, so you can just say you are communicating with another teacher! Smile
    moonhoppers
    moonhoppers

The future of Damon Dark. Discussion. - Page 2 Empty A break for DD

Post  moonhoppers Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:47 am

Hi everyone,

Just found time to read this looong discussion thread. And we think - although it's sad to hear - it's okay when Ade feels he has to stop DD for the time being. A totally understandable step for us. We already thought you were 'superhuman' producing so many adventures at once!

Remember, your fans have a personal life, too, with family, work and other hobbies... It's been hard sometimes to catch up on all the new episodes, re-edits etc that came out in a short time frame. And we still have a long list to watch, especially after we came back from our holiday! So yes, we were a bit exhausted when watching all the clips with only short time between the releases... Think it's better to have some time to let it sink in until the next episode comes out.

Ade, don't let yourself be pushed by others. Take your time for personal things and for the creation of a new, better format for DD. Maybe a feature film (like UFO hunter) once or twice a year could be an option? All great creative minds have to take a break for a while for recreation and developing new ideas.

We'll not cease being fans of the DD universe. We can wait for DD taking off to a new dimension. And we're still looking forward to The Lansing Chronicles, no matter how long it'll take to get them released!

BTW We didn't even see that "THE END" video you talked about. Wink
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:59 am

Thanks for a very interesting reply! Food for thought, definitely. Recently I'd felt I was being expected to go way beyond what I could do and at the same time criticised from some corners for doing what I could.

I felt frustrated because I genuinely wanted to "wow" my critics and please my supporters by going up a few levels in terms of quality. But at the same time, I felt that I wasn't getting anywhere.

I know that circumstances can be overcome, but when circumstances are attached to being there for your little children or earning the money to pay one's mortgage, then I don't really want to change those circumstances!

When I was a single man, living with my folks, it was easy to rally a group of people around me to shoot a film. These days, it's a different situation.

But anyway...I am kicking around some ideas...I still think the fabulous bunch of people here on this forum...Chris, Trea, Jack, Olly, etc...are a true blessing to me and I need to think creatively about how I can work with these people to create something impressive.

But it'll take time to think it through and as you say, that maybe a good thing!
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:37 am

I've written two new Damon Dark scripts, just tinkering with them at this stage, no concrete plans to shoot them.

I have the idea both may be filmed in black and white.

They both concern Damon and Gary. I guess I am kicking around ideas, trying to come up with an episode that is on the same level as "Terror 9/11". (Which is one of my favourites).

So far, I've written:

"Return from Space".
    This is like a second pilot. Hunted by the Souls of Cygnus on an alien planet, Damon sees their agent is closing for the kill and teleports to Earth. On Earth, he arrives at Gary's home and the alien agent is close behind.

Gary isn't there, so he calls him, but gets message bank. The alien menace searches the house as Damon hides.

Gary recieves the message and heads home. Damon finds that Gary has a gun hidden in the garage and waits there.

Finally, Gary arrives home. Damon aims the gun as Gary walks into the garage. Is it really him or is the alien a shape changer?

"No Surrender" or "A test of friendship".

A huge alien ship is poised over the Earth when Damon Dark arrives at Gary's home.
    The aliens issue an ultimatum: the people of Earth must hand over Damon Dark or the planet will be destroyed.

As the clock counts down to the deadline, Gary arms himself in case the secret service or the police come to arrest Damon. But Damon realises there is no way out and he cannot risk the lives of the people of Earth. He begs Gary to shoot him and kill him.
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Dude, that's some dark shit Smile

the 2nd one especially... I assume Gary wouldn't do it. The first sounds good, maybe he shoots Gary and everyone doesn't find out till later that it wasn't Gary but the shape shifter .
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Yes, I am thinking Mr. Dark needs to live up to his name a bit and get dark! Smile
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:43 am

Looks like some good progress has been made! Both of those plots sound like they'll make great episodes!
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:00 am

Yes. I think I'm getting some progress from this break. Today I'm kicking around ideas about a seance that goes wrong...could be interesting! I'm thinking maybe a spirit of some kind, maybe alien, communicates with Damon, then eventually takes him over. Maybe it's like Quatermass 2, where the alien force is situated somewhere out in space and a rocket mission is mounted to destroy it and that's Damon's only hope. It could be quite chilling because, like in Quatermass and the Pit, the hero becomes possessed and turns evil. Maybe he's about to do something really terrible at the end...like murdering Damon's friends...

BTW, I found this (very nice) message on Facebook today:

Post #1Gloria wroteon July 5, 2009 at 1:28pm
    I became interested in Idie Films when I stumbled upon the Damon Dark video series on YouTube. This is a series of short films written, directed, produced by Australian native Adrian Sherlock. Though the sets are strictly limited, and there are just a few actors, the sound effects, story lines, and action are exceptional. I can't wait for new episodes to be filmed!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:06 pm