Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

4 posters

Damon Dark Novel. Free to download or buy a copy!

Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Damon Dark Novel. Free to download or buy a copy! Empty Damon Dark Novel. Free to download or buy a copy!

Post  Straker Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:09 am

The first ever Damon Dark novel is out at Lulu.com. You can download a free copy or buy a paper back for your bookshelf!

DAMON DARK: BIODOME A SCIENCE FICTION THRILLER. What is the secret of the Biodome? Damon Dark, dedicated investigator of the unexplained, faces an outbreak of psychic phenomena and a series of mysterious disappearances near a small country town in Australia's remote wilderness. With the aid of psychic girl, he finds the Biodome, a secret facility which houses a deadly threat to the future of the entire world, a force which is reaching out to control or destroy human beings for miles around it. Where has it come from? What does it want? And can it be stopped before it's too late?

Link below! santa

http://www.lulu.com/content/5102526
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Damon Dark Novel. Free to download or buy a copy! Empty Re: Damon Dark Novel. Free to download or buy a copy!

Post  j3pfilms Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:36 am

I've downloaded it, I read the first chapter I believe but for some reason forgot about it! I've got nothing to do this afternoon so I'll settle into it then!
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Damon Dark Novel. Free to download or buy a copy! Empty Re: Damon Dark Novel. Free to download or buy a copy!

Post  Straker Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 am

An unforgettable first chapter, eh? Laughing This explains why I'm on the best seller list! Read on, good Jack! Read on!!! study
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:09 am

Oh it was a cracking good chapter. But it was late in the evening. I went to bed and then the next morning, bam I was off on another adventure and had to leave Biodome behind and I never looked at it since!
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 am

Get back into it, Lad! I expect a 3000 word detailed analytical review on my desk first thing Monday morning in triplicate and it better be lost, found, lost again, subjected to public inquiry, and finally buried in soft peat and recycled as firelighters or I wont be happy!

Actually, I really just hope you don't think it sucks. Very Happy
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:05 am

You forget..."AT ONCE"Smile
    knightmare
    knightmare

Post  knightmare Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:42 am

I've read BioDome before and expressed my thoughts previously on another forum. But I'd just like to recall this section from the novel:

[When Damon is driving along in a car]
    “As he sat and watched the city through the window, his mind drifted back to his college days and a camping trip with some friends, deep in the Australian bush. That fateful night, in the darkened wilderness, far from civilization, Damon had seen the unthinkable. Nestled among the trees and rocks, a craft from another world was sitting there, humming with power, pulsating with an eerie green radiance. He had stared in disbelief and then it was gone, lifting off in a blinding flash and speeding away into the night sky.”

A great reflective moment to break the action. I thought the ambiguous ending was nicely handled too - I won't add a spoiler here though! (I nearly did, before I realised!)
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:17 am

Thanks Knightmare, that's terrific! I really like that passage you've picked out, and I am particularly fond of the way it ties into Jack's Young Damon Dark series. Ofcourse, he's set his during Damon's high school days, but that's fine, because in Australia, many high schools call themselves colleges.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:14 pm