Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

3 posters

MARS STATION GAMMA

Straker
    Straker
    Admin

MARS STATION GAMMA Empty MARS STATION GAMMA

Post  Straker Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:02 am

Machines and computers are indifferent to human suffering, as Damon Dark discovers when he faces a terrible choice in this space adventure. Music by Chris Heaven and CGI effects from Kevin Langille dominate this new episode! Thanks to both for sterling contributions!

j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

MARS STATION GAMMA Empty Re: MARS STATION GAMMA

Post  j3pfilms Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:29 am

This episode looked absolutely fantastic! Although I do think you could have been more adventurous with the title. Loved the music and the lighting really made it shine (get it... light... shine Razz )!
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:56 am

Well, I was thinking of calling it the Revenge of the Deadly Creature from the Mummy's Horror of Evil Tomb, but then I thought "Nah". So I went low-key instead! Very Happy

Glad you liked the lighting...I was watching Andromeda...I can't understand anything that happens in Andromeda, one of the most nonsensical shows ever made, pure Gene Roddenberry pseudo philosophical piffle, but I watch it because of Lexa Doig I love you and Brandy Ledford I love you !

And I noticed their ship's interior is mostly in darkness with just the screens and the odd panel glowing, mostly out of focus, behind them.

So I experimented with a technique for short focus shots, which I saw in a video training DVD recently. You move the camera far away, zoom all the way in and stand in the middle. The result is the camera lock onto you in the middle and focuses while the background blurs and goes out of focus. It adds a lot to the sense of realism.

Anyway, I think it worked a treat. I also liked the idea of Damon having a human dilemma (his Dad is inside the enemy ship) and the computer is cheerfully indifferent.

Hence we get the computer saying "Good luck!" and "Congratulations! Have a nice day!" I also thought the yes/no options were a good way to emphasise his need to make tough split-second decisions.

Anway, very pleased to hear that people are liking it. I'm really glad to see how seemlessly the interiors seem to fit with Kevin's CGI. I was happy with the way it cut together.
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:43 am

LOL the "Daddy" pictures was the same I send u...I think many and many months ago?Smile) I like the new episode...and I think VK was a bit busy with the virus at the moment...
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:20 am

Yes, you created the image of Damon's father for me, Chris! I was pleased to finally have a chance to use it! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:07 pm