Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

5 posters

Gas Mask Episode!

thetimethief
    thetimethief

Gas Mask Episode! Empty Gas Mask Episode!

Post  thetimethief Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:18 am

The "Gas Mask" episode. Special guests: Oliver McNeil (as the Magician), Lindsay Z (as Medea) and Adrian Sherlock (voice in the "killer rap").

knightmare
    knightmare

Gas Mask Episode! Empty Re: Gas Mask Episode!

Post  knightmare Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:55 am

That's impressive, Chris. The pre-title sequence works great with the music pulsating away behind it. The shot revealing the gas mask man @ 4:04 is excellent and Vincent's reaction when he prods him made me laugh. I like the look of it all round. Lots of moody atmosphere and sense of menace. The Magician character is growing on me now... he's bonkers. Quality stuff.

The Thriller part didn't work so well for me, personally because I think it broke the pace. And I know I've just said this about a DD story... but you ought to be careful not to reveal anything about story twists in the title. Brother & Sister is a nice title, but it gives away the revelation.
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:16 am

Bravo, Chris! That was awesome! Took a while to get to the good stuff for me (well...I had already seen the Magician's intro stuff) but the rap dancing was so much fun and great to see Medea again! Sort of evil and sexy combination...I like it!
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:48 am

I think in the end after Trea episode and the crossover we could put all together on megavideo
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:15 am

yeah...cool.
    Junkyard

Post  Junkyard Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:28 pm

knightmare wrote:That's impressive, Chris. The pre-title sequence works great with the music pulsating away behind it. The shot revealing the gas mask man @ 4:04 is excellent and Vincent's reaction when he prods him made me laugh. I like the look of it all round. Lots of moody atmosphere and sense of menace. The Magician character is growing on me now... he's bonkers. Quality stuff.

The Thriller part didn't work so well for me, personally because I think it broke the pace. And I know I've just said this about a DD story... but you ought to be careful not to reveal anything about story twists in the title. Brother & Sister is a nice title, but it gives away the revelation.

Great fun. What I really like about VK is the all-consuming confidence of each project and a sly wit that makes it charming company. The "Thriller" sequence was a bit hit-and-miss but it was very welcome although maybe a bit too long (as were the pre-credits) but I'm nitpicking because it entertained me as a whole with lots of cool touches and cinematic flourishes - as knightmare pointed out, the revelation of the Gas Mask man was particularly witty and well done. And very Doctor Who-ish.

And I'm keen to know the Magician's fate. A fascinating character.

The title did gave too much away but what the hell. 8/10.
    Oliver
    Oliver

Post  Oliver Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:18 am

Junkyard wrote:
    And I'm keen to know the Magician's fate. A fascinating character.

Your not the only one.... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:11 pm