Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

4 posters

THE DARK FILES! Charlotte Hukvari joins as Dr.Hannah Stern!

Straker
    Straker
    Admin

THE DARK FILES! Charlotte Hukvari joins as Dr.Hannah Stern! Empty THE DARK FILES! Charlotte Hukvari joins as Dr.Hannah Stern!

Post  Straker Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:44 am

Damon Dark has kicked off a pilot ep for a new, more grown up set of adventures called The Dark Files. Joining Damon Dark in his new role as UFO Case Officer is Dr.Hannah Stern, played by the fabulous Charlotte Hukvari, one of the finest actesses in town. It's a privelige to have her in the series. Please enjoy the pilot for The Dark Files!

DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

THE DARK FILES! Charlotte Hukvari joins as Dr.Hannah Stern! Empty Re: THE DARK FILES! Charlotte Hukvari joins as Dr.Hannah Stern!

Post  DoctorLansing Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi Ade.... I like that the beginning of this shows Damon joining up with the Secret Service which kind of ties the old series to the new one. But I have to say that I didn't really care for the flow of this episode. To me, it seemed too jumpy. What I mean is it was more like a trailer jumping from one seen to another with no real "flow." And I saw some jump cuts in there which makes it look bad.

just one quick example, when Damon runs out of the room to the accident where a person was killed, the scene jumps to him finding a person under a table, then it immediately goes back to him standing in a room on the phone talking... the scenes just jump around too fast for me in this episode. Nothing that some adjustments while filming and editing wouldnt fix though.

Sorry to be so critical, its just that I know you are looking to improve your shows and I want to be honest with you and help in any way I can. I want to see you achieve your dream of making Damon Dark a movie one day or a TV show.
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

THE DARK FILES! Charlotte Hukvari joins as Dr.Hannah Stern! Empty Re: THE DARK FILES! Charlotte Hukvari joins as Dr.Hannah Stern!

Post  Straker Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:19 am

Hi Trea, sounds like you didn't like this one very much! Oh, well!
    You win some, you lose some, I guess! HAHAH!

Hope all is well with you, Mate...how's things with your plans to go pro?
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:22 am

Straker wrote:Hi Trea, sounds like you didn't like this one very much! Oh, well!
    You win some, you lose some, I guess! HAHAH!

Hope all is well with you, Mate...how's things with your plans to go pro?

Hey Ade! Great to hear from you! You have to forgive me, I think that the more my knowledge grows in these areas, the more critical I become. Sad I was told that by a professional that I spoke to at the school, he said once I go through the school I will not enjoy movies like I used to LOL.. But I DID like the episode, just a few little editing things is all.. easily fixed.

As for the going PRO, I dont remember the last thing I mentioned to you but I am starting school on January 4th!! Very Happy I am very excited but just worried about my job interfering. I am exploring the option of just going fulltime student for the year but as of right now, my wife is still looking for work and I wouldnt be able to afford the bills but maybe in a month or two things will clear up and I can work out a budget where we can get by for a year on only her income. I am trying to take on some freelance work right now to build my resume and possibly get paid but I just sent a bunch of emails last night and havent gotten responses yet. Either way, I am determined to make this happen no matter what and I thank you for your encouraging words when I was trying to make the decision.

I wanted to mention to you also, I know Damon Dark has a wikipedia entry but it doesnt have a listing on IMDB. I wanted to get a listing for myself on IMDB to be able to start my VFX work with Damon Dark and Vincent Kosmos. But in order to list my self, I had to list the Damon Dark show in the database first, so I copied some of the info from wikipedia into IMDB and I hope you dont mind. If you do mind, I can delete it or you can ammend it they way you want. But since i am trying to take on more freelance work, I would like to start listing it all and it all begins with you. Smile Plus I can list my acting roll too. If I end up living around Hollywood and Los Angeles, I may start looking at some small rolls in real movies or TV in my extra time who knows.

Trea
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:03 am

Hiya Trea! I'm glad to hear you're moving forward!
    There seems to be a problem with this forum, I'm having a hard time with
    it...

It seems to not fit my browser....darn it!

I need to get on here more. I miss you guys! Sad
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:28 am

Straker wrote:Hiya Trea! I'm glad to hear you're moving forward!
    There seems to be a problem with this forum, I'm having a hard time with
    it...

It seems to not fit my browser....darn it!

I need to get on here more. I miss you guys! Sad

Yeah I have noticed that you haven't been replying very fast on here or commenting on my videos. Figured you might have been busy and I know there was some mention of you being ill not long ago... hope everything is back to normal for you.. I see you have started posting videos again. I will be posting things soon but they will mostly be animation and effects type of stuff for a while. I mentioned to Chris though that I may do a really short Lansing episode just to kind of remind people that he is out there...

Right now, Lansing just made it to the planet of naked women Very Happy and is going to relax for a little while there. The ship is without warp drive so it took a few months to get there. So once I make the short episode, it will probably cover those things and end with him sitting on a beach. LOL
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:17 pm

That sounds good to me! I think Dr.L is emerging as the good-time guy of the galaxy, never works up a sweat over anything! :)Off to the beach? And why not!

Yeah, I was pretty ill and still got the tail end of it. Plus the Xmas season takes up some time and attention!

Hopefully I'll get back into some serious film making stuff in the new year. Unless Hollywood unexpectedly decides to cast me in a major block buster or something!!! Wink

In that case I might have to fly off overseas and devote many months to acting with a professional cast and crew...in that case, I'm sure everyone would understand why I wasn't doing much with Damon Dark for a while!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:46 pm

Straker wrote:That sounds good to me! I think Dr.L is emerging as the good-time guy of the galaxy, never works up a sweat over anything! :)Off to the beach? And why not!

Yeah, I was pretty ill and still got the tail end of it. Plus the Xmas season takes up some time and attention!

Hopefully I'll get back into some serious film making stuff in the new year. Unless Hollywood unexpectedly decides to cast me in a major block buster or something!!! Wink

In that case I might have to fly off overseas and devote many months to acting with a professional cast and crew...in that case, I'm sure everyone would understand why I wasn't doing much with Damon Dark for a while!

THat would be cool! Do you have something in the works that I don't know about? That's where I hope to end up working in about a year.
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Well...yeah! Smile Damon Dark and much of my acting/writing was inspired by a show called "UFO". I've always had a gift for mimmicking vocies and I always related to the main actor in UFO. We were similar types, I could do his voice and I related to his character.

Now it's being made into a movie trilogy by Hollywood. So I contacted them about my interest and then I did an audition video for my other YT channel, "attractgoodness", titled "Please cast me as Ed Straker." When I contacted the makers of the movie a few days later about this video, the lady wrote back and said "They have already seen it!" and wished me good luck!

Chris then photoshopped a picture of me to give me the hair style of the original actor (eh wore a blonde wig in the series) so I made a second video.

So fingers crossed!

My piece.

The original guy.

Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Here's Chris's example of me with the "hair style."
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:43 am

That is AWESOME Ade!! I am very happy that you are shooting for that role and hope that you get it! Fingers crossed for you! You know, the big thing right now is Australian unknown actors being casts in big movies as American's! Look at Avatar, the lead in that role was a virtual unknown before that movie. Hugh Jackman also! I think it is hard to do accents though, like I dont know how some people hide their australian or English accents so well.. and vice versa.. either way let me know how it goes! Smile
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:01 am

Thanks Trea, will do! And my fingers are crossed for you too! Smile
    supremecommander
    supremecommander

Post  supremecommander Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:47 am

Hi everyone,happy year to you all. Good luck with the course DR T hope it works out well.love annimation myself. Ade baby,nice move on the UFO movie,I hope you get it as havingbeen friends for 30+?????!! years I know how much of an obssession its been to play this character. I realize this is it for you,go for it baby,shake it,shake it good!!!!!! lol!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:31 am

Straker wrote:Thanks Trea, will do! And my fingers are crossed for you too! Smile

Well Ade, I figured I would let you know that I decided the only way that I can be successful in my schooling and new career, is to leave my old one behind. So I put my two weeks notice in and in 1 1/2 weeks I will be done. This feels strange (leaving a well paying stable job behind without having another one) but it is something that just must be done :/

I am going to have to struggle this year financially and make sacrifices but I decided it is something worth doing all of that for. My wife supports me and we both believe that we will be ok (financially.) So we'll see how it goes and hopefully everything will work out.

I feel like a guy who just bet his life savings on ONE number at a roulette table and the wheel is spinning. lol. Maybe it would be more equivilent to betting on red or black though.. I like the odds better. HAHA

Trea
    supremecommander
    supremecommander

Post  supremecommander Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:39 am

DoctorLansing wrote:
    Straker wrote:Thanks Trea, will do! And my fingers are crossed for you too! Smile

Well Ade, I figured I would let you know that I decided the only way that I can be successful in my schooling and new career, is to leave my old one behind. So I put my two weeks notice in and in 1 1/2 weeks I will be done. This feels strange (leaving a well paying stable job behind without having another one) but it is something that just must be done :/

I am going to have to struggle this year financially and make sacrifices but I decided it is something worth doing all of that for. My wife supports me and we both believe that we will be ok (financially.) So we'll see how it goes and hopefully everything will work out.

I feel like a guy who just bet his life savings on ONE number at a roulette table and the wheel is spinning. lol. Maybe it would be more equivilent to betting on red or black though.. I like the odds better. HAHA

Trea

You will be fine Tres! lol! You are betting on yourself which is the best bet
    of all study cheers With your belief you will go far so shake it DR L and go for it bounce Very Happy santa albino sunny jocolor see you at the top
    Trea flower lol!

Supreme commander doing it for the galaxy pirat
    supremecommander
    supremecommander

Post  supremecommander Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:48 am

Straker wrote:Well...yeah! Smile Damon Dark and much of my acting/writing was inspired by a show called "UFO". I've always had a gift for mimmicking vocies and I always related to the main actor in UFO. We were similar types, I could do his voice and I related to his character.

Now it's being made into a movie trilogy by Hollywood. So I contacted them about my interest and then I did an audition video for my other YT channel, "attractgoodness", titled "Please cast me as Ed Straker." When I contacted the makers of the movie a few days later about this video, the lady wrote back and said "They have already seen it!" and wished me good luck!

Chris then photoshopped a picture of me to give me the hair style of the original actor (eh wore a blonde wig in the series) so I made a second video.

So fingers crossed!

My piece.

The original guy.

Which one is migraine sufferer number one? affraid Which one was Mr peroxide
    five years running and just missed out for a sixth straight year? Do you know the answer? What a Face Can you tell me which one wore the same suit three times through a car wash while reciting the man from snow river backwards while eating chocolate? Question If you know the answers to these and other unasked questions please for all our sakes Suspect cyclops Rolling Eyes keep them to yourselves!!! Shocked
    Shocked stay close for further developments affraid
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:08 am

Please check out film maker Brett Gerry's Blog about Damon Dark!

http://www.brettgerry.co.uk/2010/01/an-introduction-to-the-strange-world-of-damon-dark/
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:38 am

Ok this was Hannah Stern topic...I want her back!
    I'm bored to see a man with a "not little ass". Ok DD have his...charme...but I prefer women...and I need to say that Charlotte have the "Dana Scully" Charme...the charme that FBI agents usually have (and I don't wanna talk about handcuff...ehmmmmmm....^-^).
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 am

So you're saying I'm boring? affraid And with a fat @sss??? affraid

And you want to see women to look at???? affraid

Okay, well, I'll stop making Damon Dark now. You hate it, too. This "I hate Damon Dark, it's boring, Ade is fat, he needs more actors and hot women in it" thing is spreading now, like a virus.... affraid

Soon, everyone will hate me and think I am fat and boring! Crying or Very sad
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:08 am

NO man...you could be Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt...but I still prefer a woman! I'm "Old style"Smile
    I don't say your ass is fat...but it's not little!Smile
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:19 am

Bored...watching a guy with a "ass that is not little" and want hot women in it...are you Anorak? Did you hack Chris Heaven's account?
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 am

thetimethief wrote:NO man...you could be Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt...but I still prefer a woman! I'm "Old style"Smile
    I don't say your ass is fat...but it's not little!Smile

I never said "HOT" woman...I don't want bikini girls...I prefer "interesting" girls...Smile I prefer Gillian Anderson instead of Pamela Anderson:)
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Ok well now I know you're not the anorak! tongue

But...ah...his "virus" is spreading....

My ass? affraid
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 am

What? Are u spreading a virus with your ass?Smile)
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 am

Can we stop talking about my ass? Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 am