Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

5 posters

Favrourtie episodes of each series, please?

Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Favrourtie episodes of each series, please? Empty Favrourtie episodes of each series, please?

Post  Straker Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:56 pm

I'd like to ask everyone to list their fave episodes of each of the webseries here, and explain a little about why you like it! I think that helps us recognise the way to making our shows more popular.

Obviously as more eps of new webseries come up there will be more options to list here.
    moonhoppers
    moonhoppers

Favrourtie episodes of each series, please? Empty Re: Favrourtie episodes of each series, please?

Post  moonhoppers Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:06 am

It's hard to say which episodes would be the favourites as there are so many good and new ideas that are fascinating to see in the particular context in each one.

From the Damon Dark series we liked "UFO hunter" a lot, because you showed much depth in the character of Damon and enlighted his obsession with UFOs and aliens very good, loved the intense/psychotic feeling it transmitted to us as viewers. We like your scripting and acting abilities that have improved over the months/years, at least that's how we see it. Can't help but your acting style slightly reminds us of William Shatner sometimes. LOL That is rather cool as Mr Shatner is iconic in the worlds of science-fiction, his Captain Kirk is a legend. ;-)

A very interesting episode of DD was the black and white one called "Terror 9/11". What would have happened if Gary had interfered? A tempting thought.
    Overall, the time-travel aspect is wonderful. So Damon can pop up everywhere any time, depending on your choice. And to us Damon Dark is a positive hero with an obsession that is needed to save the world from ill-natured creatures from outer space. The world needs such heroes! And the heroes need friends like Gary! So hope to see more of him in the future. Other favourite supporting artists are Oliver as The Magician and Gillian as Hecate. Location filming is always appreciated as well.

Another bonus in episodes is the collaboration of you all as a team, so really looking forward to the ultimate crossover that you discussed here somewhere in a special thread.

Funny moments are very popular with us, too (like Damon and the cup cakes), ever in for a good laugh - which brings us to Vincent Kosmos. His cool remarks are unbeatable. Chris created a very bright/shining and eccentric screen persona. And that is what fascinates his audience we think. So Vincent could possibly entertain, no matter what he does as long as he himself stays in character. Chris seems to be a natural performer and Vincent Kosmos has become kind of a 'cult figure' by now - and it's amazing he achieved that in relatively short time. It's not easy to choose a favourite story here as well, liked the last one with the Toymaster a lot or "Dorian Gray". At last we'd like to point out that we love the opening titles of the current episodes, with the red door. And the music is just great.

Don't like the gas mask zombies so much, but the joke Vincent made out of it was brilliant (Killer Rap).

There are three parts of Young Adventures of DD out now, and we still think it would be the very start we like most as it has that special charm of the first episode of a new project that makes it so appealing. It was a great idea to do this prequel to DD. And Jack is a very talented young guy.

Can't wait until the Doctor Lansing Chronicles come out. The introduction of his character was one of the best choices. And Trea's support as a master of special effects did really pay off! Just thinking of the Femborgs.

Speaking in general, we like character-driven plots. Visual effects are important and add up in making the episodes enjoyable as long as they don't take over the show and push the acting in the background. This hasn't happened in your shows, but sometimes it's the case in modern sci-fi series/films - and that's a pity.

Okay, we drifted away a bit from the actual question, but that is mostly because we can't decide for one certain episode and thought it might interest you what aspects of the shows we like in general. Hope you don't get tired reading this long post. LOL Smile Smile Smile
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Favrourtie episodes of each series, please? Empty Re: Favrourtie episodes of each series, please?

Post  Straker Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:30 am

Great reply and thank you! Smile I enjoyed reading it! All of it! Smile

I'd like to say that I also liked the first ep of YounG Damon Dark. I thought Jack Knoll and his co-star Joe Daly did a great job there and it was very much an eye-opener, because I wasn't sure what to expect. I really was impressed.

Another favourite of mine is the Barry the Demon Hunter episode "Stripped." It's a very engaging episode for a number of reasons. Firstly, the idea of a sexy succubus in a strip club is rather appealling in a grown-up way. Secondly the occompanying song where the lyrics are "I'm gonna break your mind, break your mind..." really adds to it. I also like the humour of the vicar in a strip joint pushing religion in order to distract everyone. Very solid episode.

And I have to say the Vincent Kosmos episode where he ends up inside a computer game is fabulous. Sad, funny, clever.
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:10 am

I will have to think about this for a little while first.. I have ALOT of Favorites of both Vincent and Damon but will have to go through them all... I'll post soon Smile
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:50 am

I have to say, that reminds me...while I don't really have favourite episodes of my own show as I'm too close to them to judge, I was very satisfied with the end result of "Revenge of the Magician" because it had both the Magician and Dr.Lansing in it. I felt the contributions from you two guys really made it one of the better ones.

I guess I feel the same about UFO Hunter, because Robert Russell's idea was very interesting and I liked Chris as Dr.Price and Oliver's part as Julian Maddox. Again, I can't say objetively how good or bad it was, but I enjoyed the contributions from other talented people, that made it satisfying for me, more than most.

What was the Vincent one where he's got the answering machine on? That was funny as Hell!
    moonhoppers
    moonhoppers

Favrourtie episodes of each series, please? Empty Vincent Kosmos episodes

Post  moonhoppers Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:22 am

Just had a look at some of Vincent's stuff again. The two part "Medea" was really cool, with the computer game and all. What a brilliant idea!
    And watched the PIRsode with the Call Center once more - very funny, but true in some way.... those customer services often don't get it right.
    Think these are other favourites among the many favourites. LOL
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:48 pm

I wrote here...(and I was the first) but but but....my post disappeared!! Sad((

Well...I love all DD old episodes (Maddox arc and the episodes with the blond girl), of course I love "The time-thief" and all the Undertaker arc....then...."Hecate".
    "The young adventures of DD" well...we have only few episodes and it's not easy to say...but I think it would be a great show.
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:44 am

Some Damon Dark episodes I haven't seen for over a year so this will take some effort. I like Time as a Weapon from the 2006 series because Gary's dialogue with baby Damon is hilarious! I also like Maddox, Terror 9/11 and basically anything with Gary in!

As for Vincent Kosmos, I like The Toymaster, The Void, The Ghost Painting and The Last of the Metians Smile

Looking forward to The Lansing Chronicles! The promo shots are fantastic!

Glad people enjoyed the first episode of Young DD!

If you don't mind me asking I'd quite like to ask (for those who have seen it) what people's favourite episode of The Subject is? If you need to refresh your memory of it, take a look at the "The Subject" topic in the Film Making thread Smile
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:16 am

I was planning to include the Subject here....actually, the one you did called "Damon Dark" was great! HAHA! Sorry, I know it was my script, but the way you did it...the extra part on the end you came up with...and the weird/cool visual effects....that was cool. The trial one....I can't recall the name...was very good, too. And the pilot ep was fantastic, I recall being amazed how it kicked off, it was such an eye opener.
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:29 am

I was planning to include the Subject here....actually, the one you did called "Damon Dark" was great! HAHA! Sorry, I know it was my script, but the way you did it...the extra part on the end you came up with...and the weird/cool visual effects....that was cool. The trial one....I can't recall the name...was very good, too. And the pilot ep was fantastic, I recall being amazed how it kicked off, it was such an eye opener.

Thanks Ade, Damon Dark is one of my favourites too. The trial one is the last episode "Final Assessment"

I think I'll write a simple synopsis because I know some of the episodes are from a while back so I need to refresh your memories.

1. Home and Away - The Subject wakes up and explores The House (lots of point of view shots!)
    2. Freedom of Law - The Subject is watching TV, is taken for a test, tries to escape, The Secretary makes him clean the kitchen floor at knife-point!
    3. Mind Exposure - The Secretary watches The Subject's dreams (The Subject on a black and white beach)
    4. Best of Enemies - The Subject wakes up in a different body (a tall guy with a deep voice and longish hair)
    5. Vampires - The Subject is starved of water (lots of falling over and being tired on the stairs)
    6. Born and Bred - The Subject and The Secretary wonder if you're born evil (long conversations; ends with another clone being created with big teeth and a knife... very dark light)
    7. The Lateral Line - The Subject crawls around in the grass and crawls up stairs and has a fit.
    8. Eternity of Silence - The Secretary walks around in the dark a lot
    9. All You Need Is Love - Another episode with the tall, deep voice guy.
    10. Killswitch Engae - The Subject wakes up and sees a weird guy with glasses.
    11. Damon Dark - The one about Damon Dark.
    12. The Faulty Batch - They walk down the garden in the snow and spend ten minutes arguing in a white place.
    13. Final Assessment - A trial with a guy with big hair in a suit.

I think I've put that as simply as possible Smile Take a look at The Subject topic in Film Making for a better refreshment! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:06 pm