Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

5 posters

Suggestions, tips and help:)

thetimethief
    thetimethief

Suggestions, tips and help:) Empty Suggestions, tips and help:)

Post  thetimethief Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:19 am

We loves to do movies, but someone known things more than the others...Smile
    EXPLAIN PLEEEEASE:)
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Suggestions, tips and help:) Empty Re: Suggestions, tips and help:)

Post  Straker Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:52 am

Well, how can we find Pinnacle and do the "filter" effects like in your show, Chris? Question
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:02 am

Straker wrote:Well, how can we find Pinnacle and do the "filter" effects like in your show, Chris? Question

Ehm...not THIS kind of things...Smile This is better in PVT!
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Hey Ade... I would really love to see you move on from that shitty Windows Movie Maker to a more professional program. Chris uses Pinnacle which I am not really familiar with and it is maybe cheaper than what I use which is Sony Vegas. I think I checked once before and saw a version of Pinnacle for $50... I bought a version of Vegas for $100 and I think for someone like you who has been filmaking for so many years.. it HAS to be done to bring the production value up on your videos. Email CHRIS about Pinnacle and he can give you some info about it Wink
    Oliver
    Oliver

Suggestions, tips and help:) Empty Power Director

Post  Oliver Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:09 am

Hi

I'm inclined to agree with Trea on this one. I used to use Adobe premire pro (amazing) but now use power director since it supports the files I use for my 5d mark 2 camera. It also has a cool sound track creator.

I haven't tried vegas but here its very good. In any case you can use trial versions of all of them and see which one works best for you.
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:35 am

Hi Ade,

I am also in agreement with Trea. Damon Dark could really lift off with new editing software. Now I've never used Pinnacle. I have to use a combination of PowerDirector and Vegas because of the silly formats on my camcorder. I used to use Adobe Premiere but it seemed to break down more often than not so I had to make the transition to Vegas. I hated it at first but eventually discovered it had a lot more features than Premiere. So I would recommend Sony Vegas Pro, especially for your kind of production.

Windows Movie Maker can only look good to certain point... you've reached that point.

Hope we're being of some help here rather than confusing you with choices!

Jack
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:45 am

I've been offered Vegas in the past and never got around to downloading it...I wouldn't have a clue where to get the others! Or how to use them! Sad

But yes, I'd like to do slicker work in post if I can.
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Suggestions, tips and help:) Empty Vegas

Post  DoctorLansing Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:57 am

I have tried Vegas and Adobe Premier but I never got around to figuring out how Premier works. You could even go with Vegas 9 Platinum which is the first one I bought.. it works good. There are alot of tutorials on the web to give you the basics of Vegas... I could send you some links to them if you plan to try and learn to use it. I use Vegas for alot of audio stuff too...

Trea

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:15 am